10.23.2010

Tutugreda time

My project subject was about the children from 6-12 with autism, and the comparative study of each country’s legislations, laws, convention of rights, education that these kids can have etc. We had to define our framework, to write down the questions that we should have answered by the end of the our report, to search for our country’s information, to compare those findings and finally to conclude. First of all, for me it was really unique experience and that because i am not used to this kind of work/study. It was interesting for me to have to “work” alone and in my group at the same time. I liked that way of groupwork. In Greece, the groupwork usually consists of 2 members and the whole procession is not so interactive. So for me it was pretty cool to discuss, to compare, to talk about the each country’s findings. The result was a product of collective way of working. It was also a chance to know what happens to the other countries.

On the other hand, at the same time it was difficult enough for me to be directly effective as far as my country is concerned and that because in Greece, the kinder garden teachers have nothing to do with the disabled kids. There is a Special Education Department that is responsible to educate students so to work with such children. That means that i had no idea about the legislation that is related to the children with autism, about the place that these kids are situated, about the curicculum that exists for them, about the qualifications and the skills that the pedagogues must have. It was pretty hard for me to find all these information, as a result of the “this is not my field”, i did not even know the sources i had to look on for all those answers that i had to give to my group for my country.. But hopefully, the collective way of thinking helped me enough so to confront these obstacles.

Oh, by the way, my team consists of Derya, Elif, Martin and me.


1 comment: